As the days passed, I decided I shouldn't be wasting any of our too-short time in Spain on the computer when I could be out exploring and enjoying Spain. Of course, the plan was to finish it upon our return … but then it was Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then … and suddenly I find it the last day of January and the blog is still stuck in mid-November. So I'll return to Spain in my memories, and add some of them to the blog.Monday morning was scheduled for a hike along the Wall which has surrounded Girona since the time of Charlemagne and the early Middle Ages as a defense from invaders approaching from the sea. It has been restored and is now open to the public as a walkway that provides some amazing views of the city and, on clear days, the Pyrenees Mountains off in the distance. We lucked out with a gorgeous day; I entertained myself with taking photos, while the guys discussed (what else?) fire.
I wasn't entirely ignored by the guys; Rob stopped talking shop long enough to take this photo overlooking the Old City.
A view over the newer part of the city with its skyscrapers and modern architecture.

Part of the restoration included railings for safety, which, in my opinion, didn't really fit with the wall. But in the background can be seen a large section of the original wall. Parts of the walk can be quite strenuous as testified to by the angle of the steps.

No comments:
Post a Comment